My principal training has included a Post-Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy , at Regent's College, London, (City University);and a Pluralistic Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy training at the Guild of Psychotherapists, London. This combination enables me to draw on more than one therapeutic model as and when needed. I offer time-limited focused counselling for specific problems and longer-term counselling or psychotherapy for difficulties that are more in-depth and may require more time. Your personal needs are discussed during the initial consultations and the therapy process is always open to review as required.
- Post-graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy: Regents College/City University London, 2002
- Pluralistic Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Training: Member of Guild of Psychotherapists, London,2006
- Certificate in Supervision: British Association of Psychotherapists,2007
- Diploma in Childcare and Education: Richmond College,London,1995
Registered member of:
- BACP (British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy:www.bacp.co.uk)
- UKCP (United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapists:www.ukcp.org.uk)
- The Guild of Psychotherapists, London:www.guildofpsychotherapists.org.uk)
Continuing Professional Development includes Certificates in:
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Cognitive Analytic Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Eating Disorders,Alcohol and Substance misuse,Trauma,Supervision of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Since the start of my career in Counselling and Psychotherapy, I have been employed in counselling and assessment for a Community Care Service, NHS staff counselling and University counselling. My background has been in Special Needs Education and working with local authority Children and Families teams.